Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Next Level

      Sorry, for no post last week, but I have really been trying to settle into the big part of my preseason work out phase or as I like to call it Sweatfest. I am almost at the 2 a day workout phase which will be about 35 days away and my 1st race (rock the parkway) is 30 days away... A couple of updates is I will be using Nike+ to track my race and it will be linked to my twitter account (@Chrisc13) so there will be live pace and position updates with also the ability of any of my followers to cheer me on live by posting a tweet during the race. Also it will be my 1st race in my new SLS3 compression gear so we will see how it does.
     As for the Next Level of my training.... I'm taking the plunge and going Primal (Paleo) which is a type of diet or life style change where I will be eating the same foods a caveman would have been able to find such as meat, veggies,fruits etc and staying away from any type of grain or processed food. Better explained by Mark Sisson on his blog http://www.marksdailyapple.com/#axzz2NLYVFmy9. Yes to answer the question for anyone who knows me, it means giving up Mountain Dew which I know is crazy for anyone who knows me and knows it has been a stable in my training/life but I am going to give it up in the name of Winning. It also means I will be for the most part gluten free (except for cheat meals) so as always my goal will be 100% clean eating but as most of my research has found the happy zone is 80% clean and 20% other so it should make for some interesting tests. So next weeks blog may be angry and bitter. Just realize I will be coming down off a 6 year non-stop at least 700mg of carbs and 1000mg of caffeine a day coma and most likely my body is going to hit very heavy withdraws. But as the world knows I'm not getting any younger but hopefully I'm getting wiser. Wish me luck, I will need it...


     As for my training I feel good about how ready I am for my 1st race and am looking forward to as soon as the half marathon is over doing a month of 2 a day workouts to be ready for my 1st Tri which is 66 days away until then I will just be swimming, biking, running then repeating...

No comments:

Post a Comment