Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Never Been on the Road II

     Yes,  a part 2 why you ask because IT IS STILL SNOWING AND LOW 30's so riding a bike or even running outside in the snow and ice is not the best way to avoid injury with only 17 days until race day so I'm stuck in the gym and by the way I go to the gym around 11pm so I don't have to deal with people so I might be a little cranky when I see some people on 1 of only 2 StairMasters at the gym with it set to barely move reading a magazine or talking on there phone... If its you I'm sorry but after I ride a hard fast 15 miles on the bike switch shoes run a 23 minute 5k and want to finish by grinding out a quick 10 minute mile on the stairs I would like to not have to wait 20 minutes while you figure out with your BFF what type of tanning bed you like better.  OK sorry had to let that out because when I show up at the gym I'm sacrificing sleep time and I love to sleep, But when you have a 1 and a 3 year old sleep hours are few so next time talk while you stretch for a half hour since your not sweating anyway.... Besides you'll never see me waiting to stretch.

SORRY NOW BACK TO NORMAL BLOGGING

     My diet is going good, I'm really trying to up my calories and drink more coffee and teas to at least have my daily caffeine fix. After 7 days I dropped 5 pounds (I assume all Dew weight) so I emailed a contact at Marks Daily Apple and they responded quick...

"After reading your blog, and reviewing your workout and nutrition log, I would suggest not worrying about calories and following paleo rules so much on high intensity workout days (Wed, Sat) due in part that your body is burning a massive amount of calories and should not be storing much excess."

" It seems that Mountain Dew is a big amount of energy and we would not suggest using that as a form of fuel, but you should always take in to account how you have been living/training and take small steps as to not freak out your body. Remember to reach for 80/20 not always 100%."

     I have been trying to live within my 80/20 and it seems to help my energy level along with a few cheat meals as to not go crazy...

Also want to give a shout out to my wife for introducing me to the world of Paleo...Without her I would be washing down A lot of Gluten with liters of Mountain Dew right now...

As for now Back to the Gym....

 

No comments:

Post a Comment