Wednesday, January 30, 2013

The Test

     Saturday I took my new SLS3 Gear out for a 10 mile test run and let me tell you it passed, and by no small margin. If you follow my blog I often talk about compression (for good reason) I love compression because I hate spending any extra time on recovery then absolutely needed and with the proper compression it cuts recovery time down. As for the full foot and calf compression socks from SLS3.... From now on they are the top end of the curve I will grade all/any compression I try. They fit like a 2nd skin and it feels like an extension of your calf muscle. They didn't slide and have cushion where needed. If you consider yourself any kind of athlete then go out and get some compression, then thank me down in the comment section later.



     As for my training this week. Everything is keeping on schedule to try and PR my 1st race of 2013 a Half Marathon near my office in downtown KC. And depending on my bother (Joshua Ham) I may take a break in training to do a just for fun 5k. It is a Zombie run where you get flags and at certain points they release Zombies (it has yet to be confirmed on the realness of said zombies)  and you run for your life over obstacles etc trying to make it to the safe zone for what is said to be an epic after party






Quick Update on how I'm doing on the Nike FuelBand front


I've had it for 13 days and am on my way to a 13 day goal streak

New for Next week......Swim Training




Please feel free to leave comments, words of advice, concerns about my mental health, etc in section below

No comments:

Post a Comment