Wednesday, January 2, 2013

I Hate the Cold Weather

Happy New Year


1st off I will start with My review of my Christmas Gifts

My Scale is a 1-10 Scale. 1 being horrible 10 being so amazing you should stop reading this blog and go buy it, then thank me and then finish reading my blog.


The Nike Miler (5 out of 10) Don't get me wrong it is a great shirt. It fits perfectly and stays reasonably dry but I made the mistake of wearing it with my fuel belt and the Velcro touched this shirt and now the front is destroyed so I own a lot of Nike shirts and I push them to their limit I just wished this one would have lasted. I am going to buy one more and just use it for training and will reevaluate it then.


The Nike Tri Suit (7 out of 10) Only because I haven't got it wet or completed a Tri in it yet. The biking and running in it has been perfect. It fits perfectly true to their chart and feels amazing it breaths well and has plenty of storage for gels. I assume after a tri I will give this suit a 9 or 10.



Nike Free 5.0 (9 out of 10) I retired my old frees (left) and laced up the new ones for a 10k so far and they feel amazing. They feel like part of your foot. They hug your foot like they were custom fit for it and they are willing to push as hard as you want to without any problems. Nike has been perfecting their fit technology and this shoe shows it. After more miles and if this shoe holds up as good as my old pair it will get a 10 out of 10.



No not the bike (bike was a birthday present) The Cycle Ops Mag Trainer and block. (8 out of 10)
it does everything it is supposed to and is easy to set up and can hook and UN hook my bike to it in about a minute. I haven't log enough miles on it yet to give it a higher rating, give me a couple of weeks and we will see.


The FuelBelt (8 out of 10) I wore it for a cold run (7 Miles) and it worked great. It does not have the clips for your race number and can only hold 2 gels 3 if you force them in but then the zipper acts up, but overall is a must for any long training runs.


I also received...
-Nike Goggles
-Nike Swim Cap
Mavic Cycle Helmet
and will review them after I test them.


     Now for my actual training update. I have upped my running pace to my normal training pace even though I am biking before I run, and my body has yet to except this idea and is fighting every step of the way. I almost didn't do my long run on Saturday since we had a family night with my brothers family and knew it would end late and I would be tired but about 2 hours before dinner I took a moment of silence for my pride and put on cold weather gear and did a 7 mile loop in the freezing cold slipping on ice and snow.... Hence I Hate Cold Weather. My workouts our staying hard and I keep pushing myself and have yet to plateau. I hope this month my body will respond and I'll start to get faster. 


 

Saturday before a very Icy run

No comments:

Post a Comment