Monday, October 29, 2012

Week 11 - I Run Like I'm Trying to Punish Myself

     So I had an interesting week, My workouts have been going just OK, I say just OK because I don't feel like it is getting any easier even though I've been at it 11 weeks. I'm trying to figure either flaws in my workouts but I'm now thinking to take it to the next level I need to switch up my diet. So week 12 I'm going to spend time trying to figure out the foods to eat or not eat.
     Sunday started like any other day, I woke up went to church with the family, then went to my mother-in-laws to carve the pumpkins we got at the pumpkin patch.


    
     About an hour and a half before my run I ate 2 Spicy Chicken sandwiches and took a Mocha (GU) about 15 minutes before my run. In the car on the way to the gym I came up with the idea that after I ran my 12 mile scheduled workout that if my legs didn't fall off I would go ahead and add on another 1.1 miles and complete a half marathon. The gym was empty and I started off as usual.  I ran a average 5k then started to lose energy. After mile 5 I took a 2nd GU (tri-berry) and was trying to only take a drink of Gatorade about every other mile, since that is how the race will be set up. The middle miles became a blur. Around mile 10 I took a 3rd GU (blueberry Pom) and started to fade I had to slow my pace but I was still moving I forced one leg after another til I reached mile 12. I decided I was leaving nothing in the tank (as seen below) So as my headphones told me I just hit mile 12 I took off and refused to slow down. The next day my legs are paying the price. I stumbled to my car drove home, took a post workout shake put on my full bottom compression and crashed for 5 hours. I ran a 2:25 which is 25 minutes off my goal. I want to break 2 hours which I'm not sure will be possible since I only have 20 days til race day. I guess there is only one way to find out.



Here is a breakdown of each mile, if I can break the code of the last 6 miles and run them the same as the 1st 6 I will be real close to my goal. So I guess that is my mission, I can run the distance now I just have to keep the pace and get faster over all.

1 comment:

  1. Keep up the good work Chris. You have the same determination of the great athletes and I know you can break 2 hours!

    ReplyDelete