Thursday, October 11, 2012

Week 8, Not feeling to Hot, Dealing with sickness & old injuries

     I didn't post anything about week 7 because it was a rough week. I only got in 2 workouts about 13 miles (8 of that was my long run)(8 Miles in 1:23 with a pace of 10:26) due in some part to a really bad sinus infection. I tried to do a outside park run (Which by the way I don't enjoy)(I do 90% of all workouts on a treadmill) and my lungs quit before my legs ever got a chance at getting tried. The infection killed my oxygen intake and I couldn't push myself so I just waited it out. I did spend some time researching pools and trying to put together my Tri workouts that will start in late November. I also helped my 2 sons pick out some pumpkins for Halloween and got in a little weight training at the pumpkin patch.




Week 8
     I'm about 90% over being sick, but now I'm dealing with an old injury. I tore my right thigh muscle and so i was away from the gym for about 3 months, when I saw a doctor I was told it healed and I'm good to go but since I didn't rehab it, I lost almost all of my flexibility so now I have to start over. I did by stretching (not nearly enough) and so now that I'm running it is super tight all the time. But I'm back at pushing it to my limit. I've had 3 great runs this week and upped my normal runs to 5 miles a piece and am getting ready to push hard on my 9 mile weekend Long run. It seems crazy to me that I'm a week away from my long run being double digits. I am not a runner, or if I am a runner I'm not sure when I became one. I was asked about my opinion about running 5K's after doing 8 weeks of  training and I love them now and push for a record almost every time I do them which is wild, because running is starting to be less work and more fun which is insane to me because I've always been the fast guy not the endurance runner guy. I guess its never too late to teach an old dog new tricks.

1 comment:

  1. First of all, I highly doubt you're an "old" dog because by the looks of it, even after dealing with sickness and an old injury you still managed to keep training, definitely not a sign of againg but rather perserverence. Keep up to great work!

    Cute kids :)

    ReplyDelete