Monday, February 11, 2013

Quick Injury Update

     I made a error in thinking by taking zero days off and spent no time recovering for 15 days and found out the hard way that I'm too old to push it that hard for that long without an Injury. I had some knee soreness for about 5 days but kept my workout schedule trying to make it to Sunday which was a scheduled rest day. It felt horrible on Thursday but I thought I would Judge it on Saturday morning since Friday's I don't run. Friday morning it was stiff but I had ran hard Thursday so I figured I would be fine in a day I did an hour long swim workout and my normal bike workout. When I woke up Saturday my knee felt barely ok so I went for my long run. I didn't try to set a PR I just ran normal pace at about mile 4 the pain got worse and I told myself I would just dial down the workout from 10 miles to 8 and pushed on. A little past mile 6 I felt a pop in my knee and the pain was horrible and about every 10 steps or so my leg wouldn't land correctly like my knee was loose so I thought about my options. I could stop and call for a ride home and not finish the 1.5 miles home, I could walk it... I checked my knee and it looked fine it just hurt with pressure on it so I decided I would walk jog/drag my self home which I did after slowing to a crawl I made my way home. So the smart thing would have been stop and make a phone call for help but I tend to be hard on myself so now I'm taking a week off from training to let my ACL Strain (very Minor strain) heal then back to training. I say minor so that I only have to take the minimal time off plus as long as its not a tear its an easy fix with rest. So not much to update.... If anyone needs me I'll be on my couch.




Both of my sons showing me how to stay chill

No comments:

Post a Comment