Monday, May 13, 2013

Now or Never

     So my 1st Tri (Olympic Distance) is Sunday (Yeah this Sunday only a few days from now) and as the title suggest it's now or never. My body is as ready as it will be for this race so it should be an easy week I'm doing an easy swim, run and bike workout this week then nothing Thur, Fri or Saturday to let my body be fully prepared for race day. I'm still trying to figure out the magic number for days before a race to be fully ready and right now it feels like maybe 3 is the right number. I crushed my workouts last week ending the week with about 80 miles on the bike 30 miles running 3.5 miles in the pool so hopefully my body can do what I ask come race day.

A few of this weeks highlights

- Received Wetsuit (Pro level S4) and tested it out at the pool in the gym and yes I got lots of weird looks for wearing a full wetsuit at the gym but I was told to test it so that's what I did. I'll give a full review after race test.



- Did not 1 but 2 full bike to run workouts (full distance) 25 miles biking then running 6 miles and fell like as long as I can make it through the swim I should be OK to finish.

If You Know Me That is How I talk To Myself


     My body has been pushed to it workout limits with my crazy 2 or more a day workouts for the last 2 weeks and I truly am in the best shape of my life so I'm interested to see how I do. I have never done a full 4-5 hour straight endurance race and hope I don't fall apart but I have worked out through hot, cold, pain, poor nutrition so I have tried to come up with several plans to help me through any situation I might endure during the Tri. I also have a goal time of 4 hours. Only because I think it is important to have a goal.

1 hour-Swim
2 hour-Bike
1 hour-10k

Wish me luck, And if you pray I'll take any prayers... Thanks in advance



Next week's blog will be a post race update and a schedule of my attempt at a crazy jump from Olympic Tri distance to Half Ironman Distance since I only have 20 days between races.

Olympic Distance- 32 miles total
Half ironman Distance- 70.3 miles total






1 comment: