Monday, May 6, 2013

Another Week in the Life of A Ironman in Training

     This week of working out was great, I spent most days doing at least 2 workouts a day on some days I did 3. I feel like I'm close to being as ready as I can be for the Kansas City Tri (Except the swim) I spent every other day in the pool and if I wasn't in the pool I rowed so I'm upping my distance for the next 6 pool workouts to the full distance (1 mile) so hopefully my swim base will be strong enough to keep me competitive. Also lets mention the awesome training weather we are still having in the Midwest. I ran in fog, mist, freezing rain but it did start with an awesome 80 degree day. And yes my bike is back hooked up to the trainer. Also lets clear the air. As always your goal for your 1st race should just be to Finish but I have a horrible competitive addiction so if I'm running a race I am trying to win (even if winning is an impossible feat) and often (almost always) this gets me into lots of trouble and puts my body through horrible race day pain but it's what I do.

I've been using my new Nike TomTom watch and it is great. It works off a GPS signal and also syncs with the bluetooth shoe sensor so even if the watch loses signal it just switches over to your shoe sensor and keeps accurate tracking of distance, pace, total run time, avg pace, laps. The display is huge so it's easy to read and the buttons are easy to reach during run and a single push changes the stats and something My 3 year old thinks is great is a slap light. Any time you slap the watch it lights up so if your running in the dark (Like I did last Tuesday night (10:30-11:20) also you can set the slap to also set your laps. I also like how Nike Plus keeps track of all your stats on their website.. Which by the way yesterday was Cinco De Mayo and they gave a special badge to anyone who did any working out on may 5th.



Also last week I hit day 100 of using the Nike Fuelband... I know I'm a nerd but I'll take extra motivation where ever I can get it.




I have a post I typed up last week and haven't added a picture but I will do it tonight so most likely I will post 2 today....Your welcome..........If anyone is out there ?



1 comment: