Monday, June 3, 2013

Panic Has Set In !!!

     I'm a few days away from my very 1st Tri and it is the Kansas Ironman 70.3... Yeah it's the real deal not just some goal or dream I have been thinking about it is a race less then a week away. Here is a list of reasons why I'm worried

- Have been fighting being real sick the past 10 days

- Missed 5 Training Days due to being sick

- 1st Tri was canceled so I have no clue what to expect (pain level, my limits etc.)

- Never pushed myself through a full 7 hour straight workout

- Longest race to date is a half marathon (now I'm going to swim 1.2 miles then bike 54 miles then run a half marathon)

- Long time record of biting off more than I can chew

and that's just a quick list of things I'm worried about. To calm myself and hopefully get my mind right I'm doing 9 intense workouts 3 swims, 3 bike, 3 runs and 1 each will be full distance at pace or better just so that I have an idea. I have also made a few changes in my race gear as to hopefully help my chances of finishing. I humbled myself and gave up the idea of finishing this season on a stock walmart bike and found a super light aluminum and carbon fiber bike (Fuji R1) on sale and have been logging miles on it trying to be ready to race on it. I also added aero bars and am clipping in so that hopefully I'll have some legs left when I get off for the run portion.


I've also switched out stock seat and steam with a black carbon fiber steam and black Felt seat,
and have clipless pedals and Black Lizard skin handlebar tape   

Also I've decided to take both my low cut Nike padded running socks and my awesome SLS3 compression socks so that on race day I can decide which to put on during the race (the heat will be the factor. I am almost down to 145 lbs so if its cool out I'll wear the long compression socks. but the athletes I've talked to say it's usually a crazy hot course so I may go with Nike socks to be cooler.) I am also wearing a Orca S3 sleeveless Wetsuit.




As I do before any race I'm asking anyone reading this.... If you pray, Please pray for me and lets see what I can do... Feel free to leave any questions and/or comments I could use them.... Thanks



I came from a martial arts backround so I get a lot of motavation from the greatest MartialArtest ever Bruce Lee


1 comment:

  1. Best of luck again on your race! :)

    You'll do great!

    ReplyDelete